Since PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds brought the battle royale genre into the mainstream, many clones of the game have been popping up around the world. There’s no denying that Ring of Elysium falls into the same pool, but while it does borrow heavily from PUBG, it edges out its inspiration in quite a few departments.
Players and live streamers alike have been showering the game with praise, particularly with respect to the UI improvements it adds to PUBG’s tried and tested formula, a few of which should be familiar to PUBG Mobile players – the latter and ROE share a developer (Tencent), after all. Another thing the two games share is limited availability through infancy. ROE is, unfortunately, only officially available in Thailand and can only be played in Thai language, that is, unless you’re willing to do a bit of work to get around the restriction.
If you’re dying to get your hands on the game, continue reading to learn how to download it and switch its language to English.
How To Download Ring Of Elysium
1. Head on over to garena.com, download the Garena client and install it.
2. Launch Garena, log in with an existing account or create a new one.
3. Once logged in, click the cog icon to the top-right of the client to jump into its Settings.
4. From the Region dropdown, switch your region to Thailand. Click Save.
5. Back on the client’s home screen, you should now be able to see ROE (Ring of Elysium). Select the game and in the screen that follows, click Install.
How To Switch Language
This might seem like a lot of work, but it really is quite simple and doesn’t too much time, so bear with us.
1. Download the Process Hacker from the link below.
Download Process Hacker
Install and run the application.
2. Log into Garena if you haven’t already and launch Ring Of Elysium.
3. Hit Alt + Tab to minimize the game and bring up Process Hacker.
4. In the list of processes displayed in Process Hacker, find Europa_Client.exe, right-click it and select Properties.
5. In the processes window, click on the magnifying glass icon to the right of the Command line field.
6. Hit the Copy button on the Information screen.
7. Launch Notepad and paste the copied text into it, then make the following edits:
- Change the “language=th” part of the pasted text to “language=en“
- Add the line “@echo off” above the text
- Type “exit” at the bottom
8. Hit File > Save, set an easily accessible save location (you’ll be using it to run the game), select All Files from the Select as Type drop-down, and click Save.
9. Run the BAT file (while logged into Garena) to play ROE in English.